78pc Reed Barton Sterling True Dinner Flatware Set Florentine Lace/Trianon
Presented is a fantastic Reed & Barton sterling silver 78 piece flatware set. This set is done in the beautiful Florentine Lace pattern, which began production in 1951. This pattern is identical to the older Trianon pattern done by Dominick & Haff, which began production in 1885. The knives have stainless steel blades in the Modern style. This is a full service set for 11, with some additional teaspoons and several great serving pieces as well.
The set consists of:
- 11 Dinner forks--7 7/8 inches long.
- 12 Fish/Salad forks--6 1/2 inches long.
- 11 Knives--Nine are 9 5/8 inches long, two are 8 7/8
- 11 Round Soup Spoons--6 1/4 inches long.
- 11 Butter knives--6 inches long.
- 16 Teaspoons--6 inches long.
- 3 Serving/Table spoons--8 1/2 inches long.
- 1 Master butter serving knife--7 1/2 inches long.
- 1 Sugar serving spoon--6 1/4 inches long.
- 1 Pie server--9 3/8 inches long.
The pieces are stamped with the Reed & Barton maker's mark as well as sterling. The blades of the knives are marked Reed & Barton, Mirrorstele (Reed & Barton's proprietary stainless steel) and sterling handle.
This set is in fabulous condition. The set looks unused. There are no splits, no dents, no monograms, no monogram removals, and no repairs.
This set comes with an optional, free, bonus box as seen in the photographs. The box is a felt lined wooden box. The box has surface wear but is effective in protecting the set against tarnishing. This box is free, and is not considered to be part of the value of this auction. If you do not want the box let us know, and we do not need to ship it.
The set weighs 2927 grams or 103.2 regular ounces, NOT including the knives and pie server due to their stainless steel blades. Since the knives do have sterling silver handles, there is even more than this gram weight worth of sterling silver in the entire set.